Craving a comforting pasta dish without compromising your protein intake? I got you! My High-Protein Butternut Alfredo Pasta is itttt! Packed with wholesome ingredients and a creamy sauce, this dish offers a perfect balance of nutrition and flavor.
A Surprisingly Sweeeet Delight
Butternut squash might not be your first thought when it comes to creating a creamy pasta sauce, but its versatility and rich flavor make it a superstar ingredient. Roasting the squash not only intensifies its natural sweetness but also lends a velvety texture to the sauce. It’s a fantastic alternative to heavy cream, providing a creamy consistency without the extra calories.
Some Quick Tips
One of the key tricks to mastering this recipe is achieving the ideal texture for the sauce. Ensure the butternut squash is roasted to perfection—tender and slightly caramelized—to bring out its natural sweetness. Blending it with garlic, almond milk, Greek yogurt, Parmesan cheese, and a hint of nutmeg results in a luscious, velvety sauce that coats the pasta beautifully.
Versatility Beyond Pasta
The versatility of this sauce extends beyond pasta dishes. Use it as a topping for roasted vegetables, a dip for crudites, or as a creamy base for pizzas. Its natural creaminess and mild, slightly nutty flavor make it a hit among both kids and adults, especially for those seeking healthier alternatives without compromising taste.
Need More Protein?
For an added protein punch, consider incorporating grilled chicken breast or tofu cubes into the pasta. This not only boosts the protein content but also elevates the dish’s texture and adds a delightful contrast to the creamy sauce. Customize the recipe to suit various dietary preferences or experiment with different protein sources for a twist.
Embracing The Squash
Embrace the goodness of butternut squash in sauces, explore its versatility, and enjoy the creamy indulgence guilt-free. Elevate your pasta game with this recipe that balances health and flavor effortlessly.
Butternut Alfredo Pasta
- 1 butternut squash peeled, seeded, & cubed
- 8 oz high-protein pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup low-fat Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- favorite cheeses for topping
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Place the diced butternut squash on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the squash is tender and slightly caramelized.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions in a pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the roasted butternut squash, minced garlic, almond milk, Greek yogurt, Parmesan cheese, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Pour the butternut Alfredo sauce into the skillet and cook for a few minutes until heated through. Add the cooked pasta to the skillet and toss until the pasta is coated evenly with the sauce.
- If desired, add grilled chicken breast or tofu cubes to the pasta for an extra protein boost. Cook until heated through.
- Divide the Butternut Alfredo Pasta into serving plates.Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and an extra sprinkle of Parmesan cheese if desired.