I’m going to be real…sometimes making a meal in the morning is an anxiety inducing process. But I truly doesn’t have to be whatsoever. When I want something sweet, yet simple I always go for these waffles. It merges the sweetness of bananas with the beloved waffle—creating a treat that’s not only tasty but also packed with simple ingredients.
The Wonder of Banana Waffles
Waffles hold a special place in many hearts. Their crispy exteriors and fluffy interiors create the perfect canvas for toppings or a drizzle of syrup.
What Makes This Recipe So Great?
1. Health Boost: By using ripe bananas and oat flour, these waffles steer clear of refined flour and sugars, offering a healthier alternative without compromising on taste.
2. Easy Preparation: Simple steps and common ingredients make this recipe a breeze. In just a few minutes, you’ll have a batter ready for your waffle iron.
3. Customizable: The beauty of waffles lies in their versatility. Top them with fresh fruits, a dollop of yogurt, a sprinkle of nuts, or a drizzle of honey—let your imagination run wild!
Tips and Tricks for Perfect Banana Waffles:
1. Banana Ripeness: Use ripe bananas for the best flavor. They not only mash more easily but also bring out their natural sweetness.
2. Texture Matters: Don’t overmix the batter—lightly combining the ingredients ensures a fluffy waffle texture.
3. Preheat the Waffle Iron: Always preheat your waffle iron as per the manufacturer’s instructions to achieve that coveted golden brown exterior.
4. Non-Stick Spray or Oil: To prevent sticking, lightly coat the waffle iron with cooking spray or oil before pouring the batter.
5. Portion Control: Adjust the amount of batter according to your waffle iron’s size to avoid overflow.
How to Make Your Own Oat Flour:
If you don’t have oat flour readily available, fret not! Making your own oat flour is as easy as blending rolled oats in a food processor or blender until finely ground. It’s a cost-effective and healthier alternative to traditional flour.
A Recipe Worth Waking Up For
These banana waffles don’t just offer a scrumptious start to your day; they’re a celebration of wholesome ingredients that nourish your body and delight your taste buds. Whether you’re enjoying a leisurely weekend brunch or preparing a quick weekday breakfast, these waffles are a winner.
So, gather your ingredients, fire up your waffle iron, and get ready to savor the aroma of these delectable banana waffles wafting through your kitchen. Treat yourself and your loved ones to a breakfast that’s as delightful as it is nutritious!
Minimal Ingredient Healthy Waffles
- ripe banana
- 1 cup oat flour you can blend oats to make your own
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon optional
- Pinch of salt
- Cooking spray or oil for waffle iron
- Preheat Waffle Iron: Heat your waffle iron according to manufacturer instructions.
- Prepare Batter: In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe banana until smooth. Add the eggs and whisk together until well combined.
- Combine Dry Ingredients: In a separate bowl, mix the oat flour, baking powder, cinnamon (if using), and a pinch of salt.
- Combine Wet and Dry Ingredients: Gently fold the dry ingredients into the banana and egg mixture until just combined. Be careful not to overmix; a few lumps are okay.
- Cook Waffles: Lightly coat the waffle iron with cooking spray or oil. Pour an appropriate amount of batter into the preheated waffle iron and cook according to the iron's instructions or until golden and cooked through.
- Serve: Serve the waffles warm with your choice of toppings such as fresh fruit, a drizzle of honey or maple syrup, yogurt, or nuts.